Wednesday 12 April 2017

Ireland Day 1

After a 4am start I arrived in Cork and so did my bike. Put it back together no problems and the nice people at the airport hotel are looking after my bike bag for me. It would have been just about feasible to bungee it on top of my tent but I would have got tired of it fairly quickly!

Below are some pictures of Cork. I cycled into the centre to get some gas for my stove and various small things I had forgotten. I also got my first (and let's hope last) puncture. At least I had a bench with a nice view of the river from which to mend it.

I'm staying on a farm near Kinsale who let hikers and bikers stay. As you can see it comes with sofa from which I am making a nice cup of tea :) also beautiful rolling countryside and views of many cows. Also wifi.

I am the first camper of the season apart from a French guy who is camping and working here while he studies at agriculture college. The land that my tent was on was cleared and mowed today so I've had good timing.

Milage today was 23miles. The GPS does not seem to have worked. No doubt I've not followed Ada's instructions properly! I didn't pack the spare (special) batteries so if it's out I'll have to test it back in the UK instead.








1 comment:

  1. You're a proper traveller now you have a blog ��

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...