Tuesday 11 April 2017

I'm off to Ireland tomorrow. Desperately hoping my bike doesn't get damaged on the plane! My plan is to cycle into Cork to get some camping gas and food and then cycle down to Kinsale. There is a tent only campsite and hostel near Kinsale that is open. I've been in touch with the owner already who was very helpful. Then I will cycle west along the coast. I'll be carrying bulky items such as my large sleeping bag and bike bag that I won't need in the States. On the other hand I'm sure I'll think of lots of useful items I don't have!

I'm not going to aim for any sort of mileage per day in particular, I'll just see how I go. I also won't have internet access so I'll try and update this blog if I find some wifi. I'll have my usual phone and number if needed.

I'll also be trying out Ada's GPS tracker. If successful then you'll be able to track me here. 


First challenge will be putting my bike back together in Cork Airport car park. I'm sure they've seen it all before!


No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...