Sunday 9 July 2017

Mt. Vernon, OR

Up at 5am and one 7 mile climb to Dixie Pass. Like yesterday the gradient was gentle. A fun 10mile descent followed the summit. As I descended I moved out of the forest and into a more arid landscape. There are still trees around though and lots of farmers getting in the hay.

I went through a couple of small towns. I was on the look out for an open grocery store, most were closed it being Sunday. When I found an open food mart I bought one of all the foods! (this may be an exaggeration).

As I was moving gradually downhill I rode until 11am with no real problem. I am staying in a donation based hostel, the Bike Inn at Mount Vernon. It is well kitted out and has a nice garden with chickens and goats. The owner lives next door. I'm waiting until evening when it may be tempting to use the garden, till then I'm hiding inside!

Christina from Pennsylvania is also staying here, she is heading East. She is the 2nd other solo female tourer I have met (apart from two female trans am racers). The hostel has some old school videos so me may watch a film if we can get the technology to work (update, we couldn't!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...