Thursday 13 July 2017

Sisters, OR

I rode my 2000th mile on this trip today and it was a great road to ride it on. I had views of Mt Jefferson and the three Sisters volcanoes. These are the southern part of the cascades range - I have visited the northern cascades before in Washington.

48miles today mainly on very quiet back roads. I was very happy to see not one but TWO fields full of alpacas. They came trotting up to stay hello to me.

Sisters is very touristy and expensive to stay in. The campground is full. Unless that is you arrive by foot or on bike in which case space will be found for you for $5. I met Jim and Keith at the campground who I first met back in Ellington Missouri. They are pictured without gear on their bikes as we were setting off to town in search of milkshakes.

We are all looking forward to McKenzie Pass tomorrow. 2000ft of climbing followed by a 4000ft descent. Temperatures much cooler - as I have time I have decided to spend a couple of days in Eugene which I should reach on Saturday. I have heard it is a nice city. Then I have a couple of options to get to the Pacific.

















1 comment:

  1. The Alpacas are superb! Definitely worth riding 2000 miles for. xx

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...