Tuesday 25 July 2017

Cannon Beach, OR

I was keen to overnight in Cannon Beach - I've been here before on a road trip with Frida and didn't think I'd be cycling back one day.

Cannon beach is one of Oregon's oldest resort communities. It was named after a cannon washed ashore in 1846 from the wreck of the schooner 'Shark' which was exploring the area. I saw the cannon at the museum.

Cannon Beach has a 3 mile long sandy beach and the distinctive haystack rock. It also has some nice shops and a pub situated in the local hardware store. Today there is a farmers market with live music.

I have another hiker/biker site in an otherwise full campground in a forest just the other side of town from the beach.















No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...