Tuesday 18 July 2017

Monmouth, OR

Another sunny day of farmland and occasional strong headwinds to reach Monmouth. Thanks to Wendy's help I was able to keep off the highway for most of the ride. My favourite crop was two huge fields of mint - it smelt amazing.

There are no campsites round here and the guest houses are super expensive. Luckily I had some time in Eugene to plan ahead and got a reasonably priced room through Airbnb. So I'm staying in a lovely homely house with host Nancy. It's nice to relax in the swing amount the apple trees.

Tomorrow will be a long day but if all goes well I will reach the Pacific!





No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...