Sunday 2 July 2017

Cambridge, ID

A fairly uneventful 48miles to Cambridge, mainly through farmland. Got to Cambridge just after noon and it was 100F/38C. After 10am it became too hot to be pleasent cycling. It's annoying that cycling in the afternoons at the moment is not a sensible option (for me) as I'm feeling fit and would like to get more miles done to get to the coast and the lovely Oregon beaches!

I wouldn't have been able to go further today in any case as I need to wait here for my tent to be delivered. I got a free Amazon Prime trial in an attempt to hurry delivery up but am still waiting for a delivery date. I find the uncertainty tough to deal with and am not impressed with American Amazon!

I'll also need a stop in Baker City to give my bike a little TLC so the delay here is frustrating.

Still, an enforced rest gives me a chance to sleep in and I'm looking forward to not being woken at a silly hour by an alarm tomorrow. I've got a very nice and affordable motel and 38C is better for sitting in the shade than cycling in the sun - so I will try to relax and enjoy the rest days.



3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed the tent turns up asap!! Must be very frustrating but hopefully you can enjoy your enforced rest days :-) reminds me of Wild where she has to order new boots in, all part of the adventure I guess! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pannier full of bike repair kit but I didn't think about the tent breaking. So many of the poles were cracked as well as two broken and they are required to flex so much that a repair was not possible - even with gaffer tape!

      Delete
  2. Something that even gaffer tape can't fix?! Who knew that was possible!

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...