Thursday 11 May 2017

Buena Vista

Today was an early start as I tightened my brakes and descended a steep mountain pass to avoid a forecasted thunder storm.  It was wet but luckily no lightening. Startled some deer on the way down but no sign of bears.

Now in a valley following a river.  Herons and goslings abound but too shallow for rowers. May is a good month to visit Virginia, the temperature is mild and there are plenty of wildflowers in the hedgerows. Lots of butterflies too, the most spectacular being large yellow and black ones.

A lot of confederate flags this side of the mountains!! Also lots of southern bbw sandwiches,  yum.

Photos to be added when I get reliable signal again. Going to stay at a campsite in this valley as I'd like to camp and it's the last one for a good while.








1 comment:

  1. Disappointed by lack of bears! :-P

    Stay safe and have fun!

    Dom

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...