Saturday 20 May 2017

Columbia, IL

Thanks to Corrie and Dana for letting me stay, making me feel so welcome and showing me around. I've had a great few days in Columbia, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis. It's also been a lot of fun to play with Iris, the adorable golden doodle (not a retrive-a-poo as I would have imagined a golden retriever / poodle cross to be called).

I have been embracing the American mid-western lifestyle by:-
-eating breakfast pizza
-watching sand volleyball
-Eating frozen custard at Ted Drews by the old Route 66 
And most excitingly shooting some revolvers and shotguns. I've never fired a gun before and it's not something I thought I would ever do but it was really fun, and turns out I'm not such a bad shot!









1 comment:

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...