Wednesday 3 May 2017

Yorktown to Chickahominy

As I was getting nervous about the task ahead I thought I'd bite the bullet and set off today rather than spend a day around Yorktown.

Many thanks to Amy at Marl Inn B&B for her fantastic hospitality - she also took some snaps as my tyre got wet in the Atlantic. Next coast the pacific.....

32 miles cycled in about 3:20. It's flat so far! I'm just doing another 30 tomorrow to ease myself in - plus then tomorrow I get to stay in a church that often hosts cyclists. Sounds pretty good.

The roads were lovely today.  Following the James river.  Williamsburg , where lots of people were dressed in colonial costumes,  was fun to cycle around. Staying at a campsite tonight.  As I pitched my tent by the river I heard a familiar shouting sound. Who should pass by but two 8's being 'encouraged' by their coxes to row faster!


I can't seem to get photos to upload so I'll try to add them at later date.

2 comments:

  1. Great start Holly!! Bonus points for every rowing boat you spot on your trip. xx

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...