Thursday 4 May 2017

Glendale

Attached are some photos from yesterday of me setting off. Yorkshire flag flying thanks to Helen Spicer. Also the rowers going past my campsite.
Today I followed the Virginia heritage trail -there were lots of signs telling you about historical events. Also lots of civil war battlegrounds. The below picture is of Malvern Hill where an important union victory happened (as I learnt from a sign). I stopped reading the signs after a while as the huge numbers of casualties was getting a bit depressing! It's really beautiful countryside, lots of tall trees and the odd swamp off to the side of the road.
Staying at a church tonight along with another transam cyclist, Matt from Wisconsin. He has about a quarter of the stuff on his bike that I do!
Another short day so I feel ready to increase the mileage. However there are thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow morning so I will see how gnarly the weather looks.








3 comments:

  1. Fly that Yorkshire flag!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Looks like you had good weather and interesting scenery - hope both continue!

    Has anyone asked you about the flag yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, it's not currently attached as it flew off one day. A driver picked it up for me and returned it to me! However I need to work out a good way of attaching it securely!

    ReplyDelete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...