Wednesday 17 May 2017

Kentucky

I whizzed through Kentucky on 4 wheels but will have to put Mammoth Caves, one of the largest cave systems in the world, on my bucket list to go back to. Unfortunately I was too far north to pay a visit.

I camped by the Kentucky river (two kayakers, no rowers). It was extremely hot and humid as I pitched my tent and I was glad I was not cycling in the humidity. As soon as dusk fell however, the temperature was perfect and hundreds of fireflies danced across the meadow like little sparklers. Some were orange, some white and some green. I've seen the odd firefly before but nothing like this - it was quite magical.

With the fireflies and the sounds of the river, crickets, frogs and toads it was a great campground. There were also lots of bunny rabbits around.





1 comment:

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...