Saturday 13 May 2017

Roanoke

A couple of wet days, alternating between heavy rain, drizzle and clouds.
I passed lots of roads with names such as 'Mountian View'  and 'Amazing Not-To-Be-Missed View' but the mountains have all been hidden behind clouds for the last couple of days. Not that I can complain, I've had great weather until that point.

Cycled through Lexington which was a very cute small college town. Lots of bookshops and coffee shops & the campus of Washington & Lee university. Nope I hadn't heard of it either. I popped into a coffee shop to dry off and eat French toast. Then got wet again. Below are a couple of snaps taken between showers, including one of the rolling hills. I stayed at an inn yesterday and was glad I did as heavy rain solidly all evening and night. No other cyclists were there but quite a few hikers doing bits of the Appalachian Trail.

There will be no GPS tracking for a while as tomorrow I pick up a car and head west to stay with Corrie near St Louis and plan the next adventure on two wheels. I'm really looking forward to seeing Corrie again (a long way from Nepal!) plus her family and the area where she lives. It will be a good jumping off point should I dare to brave the Ozarks (tougher cycling than the Rockies by all accounts).

I am having to break this trip down into small adventures or I get overwhelmed and too scared!! I am destined to be a mini-adventurer not an epic-adventurer. Just as well I found that out before volunteering for a mission to Mars or something else extreme :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...