Thursday 8 June 2017

Colter Bay, WY

A great cycling day through Grand Teton national park. Perfect weather, stunning mountains and pretty much flat. Did a shade over 40miles which flew by despite the many photo stops. I think the snow on the mountains is melting fast now, lucky I caught it.

The first half of the ride was on a cycle path, except where it was flooded. I disturbed lots of ground squirrels first thing in the morning. There were also lots of wildflowers, streams and alpine meadows. Still no Elk!A nice man from Alabama took some snaps of me cycling and then I stopped off at Jenny Lake.

I am camped in the national park at Colter Bay and can spend the afternoon chilling at Jackson Lake. No phone signal here but the visitor centre wifi is enough to upload my snaps :)
















2 comments:

  1. Amazing scenery! Spring looks ever so beautiful there. Did you manage to cycle through the enormous puddle?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a road running parallel but slightly higher so I moved onto that rather than get my tootsies wet ;)

      Delete

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...