Wednesday 28 June 2017

Grangeville, ID

Today started with a steep hill with switchbacks. I was rewarded with great views back down to the valley. The road was very quiet as a newer highway has since been built.

The steep hill gave way to rolling hills among farmland. Spot the dear munching on the crops! I felt like I had the whole landscape to myself and it was beautiful riding.

I entered Grangeville which has a population of over 3,000 and so is by far the biggest settlement since Missoula. I also have phone signal for the first time since Missoula so I am definitely back in civilisation. Stopped at a lovely coffee house for iced coffee, with cream of course!

I can imagine Grangeville in the 1950s, it seems like my idea of a quaint American small town. The drugstore has been going since 1944. Unfortunately the ice cream parlour has closed or I would have frequented it. Staying at a campsite a mile out of town.

Today I hit the 1,500 mile mark. It is a further 670 miles until I hit the coast at Florence, Oregon. From there I will cycle 300ish miles north up the coast to Astoria to meet my friend in August. I have all July to do this so I can be a lazy cycle tourer - hooray!











No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...