Saturday 24 June 2017

Lolo Hot Springs, MT

Today I ascended 1000ft over 40 miles to get to the foot of Lolo Pass. It felt flat all the way so I think the rest days did me good. To get to the top of the pass I will do 1000ft in 8 miles which will feel uphill I'm sure!

I got to Lolo Hot Springs by midday but didn't fancy tackling the pass in the afternoon heat so I got a space at the campsite. I'm a very lazy tourer! It's great having time on my side. Although I am carrying many things, a swimsuit is not one of them so I can't sit in the Hot Springs. It's far too warm for that anyway!!

I'm sharing my camping spot with lots of columbian ground squirrels. I'm really camped right in the middle of their home - all around me they pop up and squeak at me. One of them took a bite out of my water bottle spout when I foolishly left it unguarded.

Tomorrow I cross into Idaho. All I know about Idaho is that lots of potatoes are grown there. Shall I descend Lolo Pass and suddenly find myself out of the forest and surrounded by potato fields? We shall see.

The snow capped mountain pictured is Lolo Peak - I don't have to go over that.









No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...