Tuesday 27 June 2017

Kooskia, ID

I wasn't feeling too good after 66miles in the heat yesterday, also the three rivers resort was too nice to leave in a hurry. I therefore slept in and enjoyed the morning at the resort catching up on emails and chatting to a friendly group of motorcyclists. Apparently the leathers keep the worst of the sun off - maybe I should consider a change in cycling attire.

I eventually got on my bike and made the 25mile flat hop to Kooskia. This puts me close to the bottom of a 3000foot steep climb which I can do in the cool of the early morning. There is a town with a campsite about 2/3 of the way up so depending on heat / wind I can stop there if I feel like it.

It was breezy today but unfortunately the breeze is like being blown at by a hot hair dryer! Lovely scenery though as per usual. The forest gradually thinning out into more open, barren landscape. Lots of large butterflies, yellow or white with black lacing. I'm pleased I did not hurt any snakes today!

Kooskia is a small town with an attractive riverside park, cafe and grocery store. No campsite but a reasonably priced motel.









No comments:

Post a Comment

That's All Folks

My cycling adventures in America have come to an end! I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I won't try a...